On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Family Paralegal to join their Exeter team.
This can be a full-time or part-time role with hybrid working available.
- You will support the partners and other solicitors in the specialist Children’s team to provide a top-rated service to their clients.
- This will include attending client meetings and court hearings both in person and remotely, preparing court documents and letters, assisting in the management of client files and undertaking case research.
- You will assist with the costing of legal aid files and the costing processes to include liaising with the Legal Aid Agency and cost draftsmen.
Skills and Experience required:
- You will be organised, proactive and committed to meeting deadlines whilst remaining calm under pressure and maintaining attention to detail.
- You will have excellent telephone, interpersonal and communication skills and a focus on exceptional client care.
- You will have a flexible approach and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Have a willingness to learn and to ask questions of colleagues to enhance your learning experience.
- You will be self-motivated and have the drive and ambition to support the continuing growth of the Family Children’s team.
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and eager to learn other software packages specifically connected with the delivery of legal services.
- Ideally you will have experience of legal aid costing and the processes involving, including the use of the Legal Aid Agency’s CCMS system.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday per year, life assurance and private medical insurance schemes.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.