This law firm has several offices across the Devon area, offering an extensive legal service to businesses and individuals both locally and nationally. They are recognised as the leading law firm for several niche sectors and acting for trade associations puts them at the cutting edge of legal developments affecting those businesses.
On our client’s behalf we are looking to recruit a Private Client Legal Assistant, on a full-time, permanent basis to work in their Exeter office.
You will support the team in delivering an excellent service to their clients. The successful candidate will provide professional, proactive support to the team enabling them to remain organised and to work efficiently and effectively.
You will be providing legal support to the fee earners with both administrative tasks and simple tasks on ongoing matters.
Your standard responsibilities will include opening, closing and archiving client files, audio- and copy-typing, proof reading and updating dictated work, dealing with emailed or telephone client enquires, payment and document production to include assistance with the production of Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney. You will also deal with requests to retrieve or store documents and will assist our lawyers generally with administrative responsibilities including diary management.
Skills and Experience required:
- You will be confident in communicating with clients and, under our lawyers’ direction, will be comfortable ensuring that clients have the information they need if the lawyers are engaged elsewhere.
- You may be an experienced Wills, Trust and Probate Legal Secretary looking for the next challenge or you may have recently completed your academic studies and at the start of your career looking to build a challenging and rewarding career.
- You will be very well organised and will enjoy organising others. You will have a ‘can-do’ attitude and will be happy to adapt to the requirements of the tasks facing you. You will be able to take a calm and sympathetic approach to direct contact with clients and their families.
- Attention to detail, in all aspects of your work, is essential.
- An ability to work closely with team members and a willingness to work as part of a team with the aim of achieving a common goal is essential.
- You will also be able to balance a variety of responsibilities and be able to manage your time and workload efficiently.
- An aptitude for maintaining a calm approach to work within a busy working environment will be very helpful as will the ability to communicate effectively with both colleagues and clients.
This firm believes that their people are their most important asset, and are committed to supporting their teams, cultivating a healthy culture of challenge and expectation with support and care. They invest in teams and infrastructure to ensure that they attract and retain talented staff, and are committed to giving all colleagues the opportunity to reach their full potential, with a real focus on training and development.
Firms values; high quality work, healthy growth and happy teams are at the heart of everything they do.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.