Legal Southwest Ltd
Our client is an established law firm who are focused on providing a personal service to all of their customers, committed to providing their clients with an affordable and flexible service.
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an experienced Residential Property Solicitor on a permanent basis. You will have a broad range of experience of conveyancing within the Residential property sector.
- To run conveyancing files providing a high quality conveyancing service in line with the Conveyancing Quality Scheme.
- The Conveyancer is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative and to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- You will be expected to communicate clearly and appropriately, both orally and verbally with clients, estate agents, other solicitors and lenders whilst maintaining and developing excellent working relationships.
- To have excellent attention to detail and understanding of property law to ensure clients obtain a good and marketable title to the property and that the lender’s requirements under the CML handbook are met.
- To participate in dealing with new enquiries;
- To assist conveyancing assistants in preparation of draft contract packs and deducing title particularly for unregistered titles;
- On purchase files to check the title to the property, ensure the contract has been properly approved and the transfer appropriately drafted;
- To raise additional pre contract enquiries in accordance with the principles of the National Conveyancing Protocol;
- To prepare the report on title for the client explaining the rights and covenants and not just referring the client to the title documents;
- To deal with pre-contract enquiries on sales;
- Check off on the case management system the to-do tasks as they are done in order to ensure the client and estate agent are kept up to date;
- To speak with clients and estate agents on the phone to provide progress updates when requested and to deal with the same via email and always in a polite and professional manner; To take client instructions by telephone and email and keep detailed attendance notes of key instructions and where advice is given by phone or to follow up by email;
- To ensure the SDLT return is correctly prepared and the client advised to take specialist SDLT advice if the transaction or their circumstances suggest it is prudent;
- To review the risk assessment as often as necessary and alert compliance to any changes in the risk profile of the case;
- To undertake exchanges of contracts in accordance with client instructions;
- Supervising the conveyancing assistants in post completion requirements to ensure the title is properly registered and the lender requirements met particularly for leasehold properties in respect of the landlord/ management company requirements;
Experience & Key Skills:
- To exercise your initiative to be proactive in the business development of the practice generally in particular in building and maintaining relationships with estate agents and referrers;
- To improve and enhance the firm’s client base by effective liaison with existing clients;
- To maximize the firm’s potential to cross – sell services by identifying appropriate opportunities.
- To ensure confidentiality and security of all practice and client’s documentation and/or information;
- To manage all files methodically and efficiently and in accordance with the practice’s procedures, Solicitors Accounts Rules, Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing procedures and the SQM/Lexcel quality mark;
- To create and maintain professional relationships with supervisors and other members of staff;
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work commensurate with the role; To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self development;
- Attend and contribute to team/practice area meetings and comply with directions/decisions made to ensure team objectives achieved.
- Salary negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
- Flexible working arrangements to include hybrid working.
- Company Pension.
- 25* days holiday (3 Mandatory at Christmas).
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.