Our client, an exceptionally well-respected regional practice has a passion for business, clients and the services they offer. Their values (Commercial, Dynamic, Friendly, Integrity, Reliable, Supportive) are at the core of everything they do.
With offices throughout Devon & Cornwall, they feel lucky to be living and working in one of the most beautiful parts of the UK.
As the top ranked South West law firm in many of their core areas, high profile clients, stimulating work and early responsibility are a given. Their aim is to make sure that everyone who works for them feels respected, trusted and valued.
We are looking for an ambitious Private Client Solicitor, 8 years – 10 Years PQE to join the Private Client team at this professional law firm in their Truro Office. This is a full-time opportunity working 9am-5.15pm Monday to Friday. Hybrid / Part-time working will be considered.
- You will undertake a varied and interesting client caseload which will include lifetime planning for higher net worth and business clients, succession planning for business owners and landowners and for professionals and larger estate administrations.
- You will be responsible for assisting in the management of the team that provides advice on estate administration
- You will be developing the existing relationships with other teams (Family, Real Estate, Corporate and Contentious Probate/Trusts) to provide assistance with their work, and also to promote the cross referral of work into the Private Client team.
- In addition to client work, there will be administrative duties, such as assisting with general management of the team, supervision and mentoring for junior members of the team and Lexcel compliance.
- The successful applicant will also be active and innovative in business development activities.
You will be an ambitious individual who is ready for their next challenge. You will be looking to make your mark and build a successful career. This role will provide the opportunity for personal challenge and career development.
You will have the experience, knowledge and capability to work on your own caseload, and also be able to work and collaborate as part of a team. You will need to be able to demonstrate an ability to take a commercial and forward thinking approach to the development and management of the team.
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a focus on exceptional client care. You will also be used to working in a busy and highly professional driven environment.
The position would suit someone who is able to use their initiative, is highly organised, accurate, proactive and committed to meeting deadlines while remaining calm under pressure. Excellent all round communication skills, professional telephone manner and attention to detail is essential. You will also have a flexible approach and the ability to work well within a team environment
You will also need to be IT literate and be able to use a case management system
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday per year, life assurance and private medical insurance schemes.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality