Legal Southwest Ltd
Our Client is a firm specialising in Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Their dedication to these areas of law means that over the years the practice has acquired the necessary expertise and an excellent reputation for achieving results for clients.
On behalf of our client we have an exciting opportunity for a Personal Injury Fee earner to join them on a permanent basis, with 100% remote working available.
The role of is to obtain compensation for clients who have suffered due to the negligence of others. You will run cases from cradle to grave, and cover a wide range of areas such as employer liability, public liability and occupiers’ liability dealing with cases from £1,000 to £25,000.
- To manage a caseload of approximately 100 – 150 files. Those files will be a combination of fast-track cases EL/PL & RTA
- Pursuing claims through pre and post-litigation stages, making full use of the case management system
- Complying with the Directors expectations of time recording and financial targets
- Communicating via email and calls with clients, insurers, expert witnesses and solicitors
- Reporting to team supervisor
- To develop relationships with new clients, medical experts and counsel
- To work within a team environment to provide relevant input to cases
- Previous claimant personal injury case handling experience
- MOJ Portal experience
- Knowledge of the CPR and litigation procedures
- Compassion and empathy
- A good mathematical, analytical brain.
- An ability to thrive under pressure
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to use own initiative and work to strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly efficient and organised
- Good attention to detail Excellent negotiation skills
The firm is an equal opportunities employer with a number of benefits to staff including:-
- A company pension scheme available to all staff which this firm contributes a percentage of employees’ salary to (subject to qualifying criteria).
- A generous holiday allowance, with loyalty days for longevity of service.
- Sickness Benefit Allowance
- Child care Voucher Scheme (if applicable and optional)
- Bike to work scheme
- Death in service
- Recently introduced scheme of up to 10% of salary subject to performance. Annual appraisals are held in January and bonus nominations are decided then and if successful, this is paid in February.
- Hours:- 9am – 5pm – Monday – Friday
Please get in touch if you would like more information on this role or send us your CV below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.