Our client is an award-winning law firm, based in the Southwest.
On our clients’ behalf we are looking for a dynamic Solicitor to join their Intellectual Property & Information Technology team, based in their Exeter office. This is a full-time opportunity working 9 am – 5.15 pm Monday to Friday.
You will be working as a Solicitor within the IP & IT team. You will be assisting the team with a varied case load of contentious and non-contentious IP & IT law issues for clients across the UK and overseas. Based predominantly in the Exeter office you will be working with colleagues across other offices. In addition to fee earning work, there will be standard administration expected for a Solicitor and Lexcel compliance. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the country’s leading IP & IT practices.
Skills and experience required:
- The ideal candidate will be a Solicitor with minimum 2 years PQE experience in intellectual property and/or information technology. (Consideration will be given to candidates with relevant experience in either one of these disciplines)
- Experience of drafting, advice and negotiation on IP or IT contracts is essential.
- Experience of contentious IP and/or an interest in technology will be an advantage.
- You will need to be confident in running your own case load, as well as supervising and assisting others in the team across the offices.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a focus on exceptional client care.
- You will also be used to working in a busy and highly professional driven environment.
- The position would suit someone who is highly organised, accurate, proactive and committed to meeting deadlines while remaining calm under pressure.
- Excellent all-round communication skills, professional telephone manner and attention to detail is essential.
- You will also have a flexible approach and the ability to work within a team environment.
- You will require a full UK driving licence as travel between offices and further afield will be required.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, 25 days holiday per year, life assurance and private medical insurance schemes.
Please get in touch if you would like more information on this role or send us your CV below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.