Our client is a city-led, international, and national law firm operating in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. Acting for many high-net-worth individuals.
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Solicitor at NQ – 2 years’ PQE to join their Real Estate team based in Exeter.
Depending on experience the successful candidate will be responsible for, and take a lead role in, smaller residential and commercial development files including sites for regional house builders and other private sector clients including land promoters. Engagement in schemes will run from promotion / pre planning stage, through acquisition (likely to be by way of option or conditional contract), to site build out and disposal including estate set up in anticipation of open market plot disposals (by our plot sales team) and negotiating sales to RPs and social housing providers by way of golden brick agreement and / or turn-key delivery.
There will also be opportunities to engage and assist with larger regeneration schemes and projects (with elements of mixed use / tenure including both PRS/BTR and more traditional commercial uses).
Some of the team’s recent transactions include acting for a residential developer on the acquisition of eleven sites from a Local Authority on a phased basis. Acting for a residential developer on a joint venture agreement entered into with a national house builder for the delivery of six hundred houses and acting for a London head quartered land promoter for whom they have concluded 8 promotion deals in the past 12 months as part of the client’s aspirations of delivering 10,000 units in the next 5 – 20 years.
- Engaging in the acquisitions of development sites for residential and mixed use schemes for private sector developers and housing providers on a cradle to grave basis including working with specialist teams within the wider real estate team;
- Assisting on land acquisitions and disposals including by way of promotion agreements and conditional and unconditional contracts.
- Advising on overage arrangements.
- Negotiating sales or acquisitions by RPs and social housing providers by way of golden brick agreement and / or turn-key delivery.
- Acting for both lenders and borrowers on development site acquisition arrangements.
- Assisting with a range of security papers including legal charges, deeds of postponement / priority, step in arrangements and tripartite deeds of adherence (or similar).
- Investigating legal title and reporting on search results.
- Drafting and negotiating a range of ancillary documents including development transfers, overage deeds, deeds of grant easements, deeds of release / surrender of easements and statutory agreements including S104 Agreements and S38 / S278 Agreements.
- Setting up the legal pack for sales of shared ownership properties and open market plot sales for developers.
- Delivering training sessions and seminars to clients.
- Legal research.
- Running own files and ensuring compliance with Lexcel procedures.
- Active participation in client and business development activities.
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships.
- Promote, engage in, and helping to deliver training sessions and seminars to clients.
- Comply with core competencies as appropriate to level of qualification.
- Attend and participate in firm-wide and departmental training sessions.
Skills & Experience required:
- Proven ability to take on responsibility and manage files, independently where appropriate.
- Strong client focus and a commitment to service delivery.
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- Flexibility and a “can do” attitude.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent academic record.
- Newly qualified Solicitor with a relevant seat through to 2 years’ relevant post qualification experience.
Please get in touch if you would like more information on this role or send us your CV below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.