Our Client are proud of being a professional yet welcoming, collegiate firm, where they want their people to enjoy working together to achieve great results. As an ambitious, profitable and forward-thinking firm, you can expect to be provided with excellent training and development, in order to further your career in a stimulating and supportive environment.
We are currently looking for a Solicitor or Associate (approximately 4-6 years PQE ) to join the busy team to undertake a range of non-contentious IP and commercial law work, with some IP disputes work (such as cease and desist work and early stage Court proceedings). The balance of work between non-contentious and contentious work is approximately 75:25.
Working with and reporting directly to two partners, you will be providing essential daily support to them and other partners and senior fee earners across the team’s locations, handling matters including:
- Negotiating and drafting contracts with IP subject matter such as licences, assignments, distribution and merchandising agreements, collaboration agreements, NDAs, etc
- Organising and conducting IP audits from time to time
- Providing support on disputes and opposition work, as part of your work with the specialist Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys, who handle the application for and management of registered rights. Training to work in this area of law will be provided within the role if you don’t have this.
- Supporting colleagues in the leading corporate team with IP due diligence exercises and advise on IP warranties, disclosures and ancillary documents .
- Based in either the Exeter or Bristol office, you will be working closely with colleagues in other offices across different levels and departments of the Firm. You will be expected to provide complete management of client files, working (under partner supervision) to develop your existing skills on pricing, budget control and risk management. You will be encouraged to take a real interest in your clients’ markets and affairs and have pride in ensuring that their needs are always met and their objectives delivered. This is a great opportunity to continue to develop your skills and progress your career in a high performing and respected department.
Technically excellent, commercially astute and highly organised, you are dedicated to and interested in your client’s world. You are a strong communicator and have experience of building rewarding relationships with new and prospective clients as well as colleagues. Being highly motivated, energetic, personable and eager to learn, you will work proactively with appropriate levels of supervision and support, depending on your experience, in order to deliver great results for the clients.
You will be handling a wide mixture of intellectual property and commercial law work and will readily be able to demonstrate your recent experience across these areas. An interest or experience in the retail, consumer products, luxury goods, or technology sectors is an advantage, but not essential.
You need to be:
- Ambitious, self-motivated with a positive attitude to your work and to your colleagues
- Meticulous and thorough, delivering high quality work on time and on budget
- Highly articulate, both in verbal and written communication
- Keen to invest in a rewarding career with this firm
- You will be focused upon delivering exceptional client service, and with some of the work being for clients and contacts overseas, you will have solutions which ensure that great relationships are developed and maintained in this context.
You will also enjoy a range of flexible benefits which, depending upon the level you join at, could include:
- Life Assurance
- Private Health Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave, (or more at Partner level), all bank holidays plus your birthday off and an extra day at Christmas. Your holiday entitlement increases with length of service.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Free Legal Services to Staff: Including wills and conveyancing
- Medicash: Health care cash plan for employees
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.