We are seeking an experienced Shared Ownership Conveyancing Fee Earner for a friendly law firm who have offices throughout Devon & Somerset.
The role will be assisting the firm in meeting its professional obligations and business viability in accordance with the needs of the firm and the legal market. To provide a high level of legal advice and assistance to the clients of the firm in the fee earners area of specialism. Ensuring that the advice given is accurate and comprehensive and that all advice provided, is clearly recorded on the client’s file.
The role will include but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the CQS and CML requirements, to include, but not limited to:-
- Drafting letters and legal documents
- Checking title documents to properties
- Liaising directly with Housing Associations and Management companies in relation to all aspects of shared ownership transactions, including staircasing and further staircasing
- Liaising directly with other parties with enquiries/replies
- Undertaking searches with Local Authority, Land Registry etc.
- Reporting to clients with relevant information and advising clients where necessary
- Attending upon clients to sign legal documents.
- Drawing up completion statements
- Agreeing dates with all parties and exchanging Contracts
- Arranging the transfer of monies on completion
- Submitting stamp duty forms and registering documents at Land Registry
- Complying with Solicitors Accounts Rules and Rules of Professional Conduct of solicitors
- Exercising high standards of client care at all times
- Participation in marketing activities and active promotion of the firm
- Financial control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures on own matters
- Ensuring confidentiality and security of Firm’s and client’s documentation and information
- Carrying out any other duties relevant to the position as and when required by your Line Manager and the Partners of the Firm.
- Ensure proper control of work in progress, billing and cash collection.
- Attendance at departmental meetings.
- Be effective in developing new work from existing clients and seek new clients. Will develop and support marketing initiatives.
- Maintain and nurture an appropriate network of contacts and referrers and endeavour to promote the firm in your professional and personal live.
- Maintain IT skills appropriate to modern legal practice, to include conducting research on the internet and ensure proper filing of all data.
- Exceed or meet agreed Key Performance Indicator targets whilst working to continuously improve
- Provide leadership, management and supervision (as appropriate) to staff members they oversee or supervise, whether on an office or departmental basis, and
- Manage the productivity of your own support staff or secretary as appropriate in order that own KPI’s and targets can be achieved.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.