Legal Southwest Ltd
Our client is a successful and expanding law firm and is constantly creating new opportunities for experienced and skilled individuals. They understand that their staff are essential for the future and value the contribution each individual makes to their success. The Partners of this law firm are ambitious and forward thinking, they have implemented IT solutions to ensure that they are able to offer their staff the very best in technology in order to allow everyone the opportunity to work successfully from home if required. This role will be part home based & office based for the time being and maybe beyond that if preferred.
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Residential Conveyancing fee earner to work from their Tiverton Office.
This is a full-time role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Taking a client’s instructions
- Advising a client on the law and legal issues relating to their case
- Drafting documents, letters and contracts tailored to the client’s individual needs
- Negotiating with clients and other professionals to secure agreed objectives
- Supervising the implementation of agreements
- Coordinating the work of all parties involved
- Supervising and delegating work to trainee solicitors and assistants as appropriate
- Checking all documentation prior to signing and implementing
- Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the law
- Undertaking a range of continuing professional development (CPD)
Preferably 5 years post qualification experience of working in all areas of Residential Property Law.
- Flexibility and ability to manage a busy caseload
- Commercial awareness
- Good communication skills
- A team player who can adapt priorities to meet tight deadlines
- Drive and enthusiasm for the commercial property sector
- Strong IT and Microsoft Office skills
- A knowledge of the SOS document management system would be an advantage
This position would suit an experienced residential solicitor who is looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to progress their career with a forward thinking practice. You will have an enthusiasm for taking part in business development and networking activities.
Our client offers a competitive salary and career progression for the right individual.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.