Legal Southwest Ltd
Our client is a well-established, successful law firm who provide a quality and professional service.
Located in the centre of rural Somerset they offer a quality of life, no long commute and no compromise on caseload. They have strong links to Bath and Bristol and plenty going on locally with various music, literary and food festivals.
With several offices in the region, they have a diverse client base that includes well known commercial clients and individuals from every walk of life. They have international, national, and local clients and their success is measured by the value they create for each and every one of them.
Experienced legal staff are integral to the success of their business. They are not looking for someone who is simply a great conveyancer, but an individual who can work on their own initiative and take responsibility for working well with Clients by getting things done.
They are looking to appoint an experienced Senior Residential Conveyancer to administer all aspects of residential conveyancing on behalf of clients, ensuring due diligence has taken place in all areas of processing a residential property transaction.
An individual who can operate with professionalism and expertise is sought in this role, as you will be liaising with both clients and other professionals on a range of legal enquiries. You will be able to work as part of a team on other client projects and provide holistic guidance and support to your colleagues.
Be able to demonstrate current practical knowledge of the law relating to all aspects of residential property transactions including: Leaseholds, Freeholds, Registered and Unregistered Properties and relating to transactions including – sales, purchase and re-mortgage, new build, right to buy, help to buy, shared ownership, lease extensions, deeds of variation and other schemes.
- Undertake any research necessary to give correct advice and maintain the highest level of client service to all parties.
- Take responsibility for achieving your individual time and billing targets and manage a varied caseload whilst being flexible to changing demands.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills; ensuring client matters are progressed in an effective way and files are kept in good order.
- Be able to build strong relationships with clients and third parties through effective communication and resolution of issues to move a transaction forward.
- Ensure smooth operation of the company’s conveyancing case management system.
You will have proven senior legal experience, gained within a residential property department. You must be confident to work without direct supervision and be able to demonstrate organisational intelligence and communication skills. You will possess solid verbal and numerical skills, together with sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and case management systems.
Most importantly you will be able to establish a good working relationship with colleagues by being flexible, empathetic and willing to assist with department workflow when required.
You will be keen to expand into new areas of work and operate a successful networking strategy by taking an active role in business development activities; marketing yourself, the department and firm. You will demonstrate a genuine desire and interest in building client relationships by sharing the firm’s ethos of providing exceptional client care.
- A competitive salary
- A discretionary twice yearly bonus
- 27 rising to 32 days holiday plus bank holidays and workplace pension scheme.
- Our client has embraced flexible working and have adopted a hybrid of homeworking and office working going into the future.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send us your CV via the form below.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.