On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Residential Conveyancer to join their firm on a permanent basis, with flexibility around the position being full-time or part-time.
The work of the Residential Property department covers all residential property transactions, including sales and purchases, transfers of equity, remortgages, shared ownership and plot sales and purchases.
Our client is therefore looking for an exceptional individual who is confident in the role of “trusted advisor” and who will embrace the opportunity to run their own caseload autonomously, with assistance from the Team Leader where appropriate.
You will need to be self-motivated, comfortable working alone as well as part of the wider residential property team and will be expected to take an active role in the department’s business development initiatives.
The successful candidate will undertake fee earning work as a Conveyancer in the firm’s Torquay office, with specific responsibility for domestic conveyancing and providing a profitable contribution to the work of the Residential Property department as a whole.
They will deal with all legal matters, paperwork and queries involved in residential property transactions and will advise clients on the technical content of such documents and their financial implications.
You will be able to manage a full caseload, including:
- Leasehold and Freehold sales and purchases,
- Dealing with both registered and unregistered land,
- Advising clients on all aspects of mortgages and lender requirements,
- Buy-to-let properties,
- Shared ownership leases,
- New plot purchases including help to buy charges, and
- Preparing and submitting SDLT returns and Land Registry applications.
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally have between 2 and 6 years’ PQE * proven experience of residential property matters.
- Have a strong academic profile.
- Possess excellent client care and communication skills.
- Have experience of developing relationships with both new and existing clients as well as business referrers.
- Be a team player.
- Enjoy working in a culture that is highly focused but friendly and supportive.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.