This firm has several offices across the Devon area, offering an extensive legal service to businesses and individuals both locally and nationally. They are recognised as the leading law firm for several niche sectors and acting for trade associations puts them at the cutting edge of legal developments affecting those businesses.
Their Wealth Management Team has built a strong reputation for advising families, including business-owners, farmers and high net worth individuals, with the most complex succession-planning needs. On behalf of our client we are seeking a driven and ambitious lawyer to help build on this reputation and to develop their own career in a supportive and energetic team.
The role will include advising families on the succession planning tools available to them including, Wills, trusts and powers of attorney.
You will also undertake the day-to-day management of complex and high value estates which require the successful application of Inheritance Tax reliefs and exemptions. This will include direct negotiations with HMRC to achieve the best results for the clients when necessary. This work will be carried out under the supervision of the team leader and senior associates within the team with the aim of working towards developing your skills in this complex area and much sought-after area of law. There will be a particular focus on assisting business owning families with the tax implications of passing their business down the generations, both generally and when crafting Wills and trusts for succession-planning.
Skills and Experience required:
- You will be a motivated lawyer who wants to take the next step in your career
- An ability to work closely with team members and a willingness to work as part of a team with the aim of achieving a common goal would be beneficial.
- You will be a technically skilled solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive who, ideally, has already successfully achieved or is working towards a STEP Diploma qualification or equivalent.
- You will have had some exposure to estates involving Agricultural Business Property Relief from Inheritance Tax.
- You will be able to demonstrate a track record of meeting or surpassing the financial targets set for you or for your wider team and a commercial approach to the work you carry out.
Please get in touch if you would like more information on this role or send us your CV below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.