Our client is a reputable law firm with Private Client as a key area of law for the practice. On their behalf we are looking for a Private Client Paralegal to join their Private Client Department based in Honiton, Devon.
The successful candidate will be required to provide an important contribution to the work of the Private Client Department supporting the ongoing growth and development of the department’s activities and contributing to the growth of client work and fee income.
You will need to work effectively with clients, and other members of both the private client department and the Honiton office. You will be expected to deal professionally and efficiently with a wide range of work under supervision whilst complying with procedures and working practices.
The role will include the need for the successful candidate to produce the majority of their own documents and correspondence through the use of the case management system and to undertake your own administrative duties.
To administer and progress (under solicitor supervision and according to experience) private client files (and other surrounding activities as appropriate), which may include:
- The preparation of applications to register Powers of Attorney
- Preparing letters, drafting Oaths and other documents on Probate files
- Preparing Wills, Powers of Attorneys and related correspondence
- Preparing other letters and documents using case management software
- Home/property visits (driving license preferred but not essential)
- Time recording in order to achieve an individual fee-earning target
- Liaising with clients by telephone and in-person
- File opening, maintenance, and closing
- Ability to undertake own filing and administrative duties
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Educated to degree level or extensive work-based experience
- Excellent IT skills to include the use of case management software
- Experience of working in a private client department undertaking this nature of work would be preferable
- A focus on developing and maintaining professional and effective client relationships at all levels, with excellent communication and relationship management skills
- A flexible approach and the capability to work well and flourish within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas and offices
- Ability to meet financial and non-financial targets together with other broader objectives set for successful performance of this role
- Demonstrate ability to follow procedures in accordance with professional body requirements; for example, Lexcel compliance, and firm’s internal procedures together with meeting all compliance and quality targets
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach that demonstrates commercial awareness and business aptitude in making decisions on a day-to-day basis
- The ability to undertake research, produce required reports and deal with complex documents
- Clear, concise, and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce work that is accurate and presented in a well-ordered manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Forward-thinking with a willingness to embrace changing working practices and pro-actively get involved in the continuous improvement of services, products, and processes
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise effectively
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of a Private Client Department and to thrive in a professional and friendly environment.
Please get in touch if you would like more information on this role or send us your CV below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.