Legal Southwest Ltd
Our client is a long-established practice with a strong presence throughout Devon. They have a number of recognised legal accreditations and are also recommended in the two major industry guides for the legal profession. Their Investor in People accreditation demonstrates their ongoing commitment to the training and development of their people.
They offer excellent career prospects, competitive salaries and benefits in return for the commitment and dedication that their employees contribute to the firm.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Private Client Lawyer with 2 – 4 years PQE to join the well-regarded and growing Private Client department based in Torquay. You will be a motivated, client focused and friendly Private Client Lawyer who is looking for a new and challenging opportunity with an employer of choice.
The team combines efficient legal support colleagues with trusted and experienced lawyers who together deliver outstanding client care across the full range of private client services. The partners in the team are Legal 500 recommended and have deep sector knowledge in their areas of expertise such as Health, Social and Elderly Care, Trusts, Tax and Succession and Estate Planning and our lawyers hold a number of professional memberships and accolades such as Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE), Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP), ATT and CTA.
Within their caring, friendly and experienced private client team, you will feel supported in what you do whilst enjoying the autonomy to develop your practice and client engagement.
The role will be aligned with your PQE and private client experience and will allow you to develop your caseload as well as your private client skill set.
You will undertake fee earning work with specific responsibility for Wills, Estate Administration, Probates, Lasting Power of Attorneys, Trust and Inheritance Tax Planning as well as Trust administration.
Your role in the Private Client team is key. You must be able to demonstrate previous experience of undertaking a broad sweep of private client work and to be a confident advocate for the most vulnerable in our society. It is important to us that you can evidence compassion and care in your practice.
Your enthusiasm for the law should be evident in your engagement with this specialism.
- Ideally have 2-4 years’ PQE in private client work.
- Have a sound understanding of the private client discipline.
- Be focused on and committed to delivering first-class client service.
- Have demonstrable experience of developing relationships with both new and existing clients, as well as referrers of work.
- Be a team player with an enthusiastic, can-do attitude.
- Enjoy working in an environment that is highly focused but friendly and supportive.
- Contribute to the future success of the private client team and the wider firm.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
- Competitive salary.
- 33 days’ holiday per annum, which includes bank holidays.
- An additional day’s leave on your birthday.
- Western Provident Association (WPA) – health care cash plan for all employees.
- Life Insurance.
- Free staff legal services – wills and conveyancing.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Membership of Mindful Employer.
- A range of initiatives to support physical and mental health wellbeing.
Please get in touch if you would like more information on this role or send us your CV below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.