This firm have offices in Exeter, Teignmouth and Newton Abbot offering an extensive legal service to businesses and individuals both locally and nationally. They are recognised as the leading law firm for several niche sectors and acting for trade associations puts them at the cutting edge of legal developments affecting those businesses. This firm have also been recognised in the Legal 500 and Chambers UK legal directories in a number of fields.
We are seeking a full time Paralegal for the Registered Providers team for this professional law firm based in Exeter. Your role as part of our busy Social Housing property team will include a broad range of matters such as undertaking searches, making Land Registry applications, dealing with Stamp Duty Land Tax returns, undertaking legal research, communicating with clients and third parties, drafting basic sale and purchase documents and providing administrative support to the team.
We are open to candidates from a variety of backgrounds, but you will be willing to learn, flexible, very well organised with a ‘can-do’ attitude and an ability to work closely with team members.
A law degree or an A level (or equivalent) in Law are preferred but not essential. You may have had some previous legal work experience or be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in property law but training by the team will be provided and as your confidence builds you will work towards running your own case load of basic sale and purchase matters.
- 23 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays plus some time at Christmas (this varies every year depending on when the office shuts and is not contractual). The 23 days rises to 24 and then 25 days with service.
- Scheme to allow additional time off to work with a registered charity.
- Pension scheme with a 3% contribution by the firm and currently a 1.3% contribution by employee (this rises next April to 2%)
- Death in service benefit of three-time salary
- Child care voucher scheme and a travel loan scheme
Please get in touch if you would like more information on this role or send us your CV below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.