Working within a dedicated Real Estate Finance Security team, made up of 25 lawyers nationally. The team acts for Registered Providers of affordable housing, as well as lenders, funders, institutional investors and security trustees, on all aspects of property due diligence work required to secure various finance structures and to support large scale property transactions.
The team has secured thousands of properties for a large number of capital markets issues (including bonds and private placements) for housing associations across the length and breadth of England and Wales as well as traditional bank lending.
Due to growth they are seeking a new team member who will play a vital role in the property aspects of substantial secured financial transactions, specifically dealing with extensive property due diligence, preparing property conditions precedents and drafting the certificate of title. The team works collaboratively on a variety of projects, with support provided from the team and wider firm to develop skills and expertise.
What you’ll be doing:
- Involvement in property due diligence aspects of residential and mixed-development sites and social housing both in relation to acquisition and putting them into charge;
- Assisting with title reviews for property transfers and stock rationalisation exercises;
- Assisting with the property aspects of large scale capital markets issues and large scale loan refinancing for RP clients;
- Running smaller charging transactions;
- Assisting the team and liaising with clients over a variety of property and title issues;
- Acting for funders on approval and consents to various legal documents entered into by borrowers;
- When required, assisting with other Housing and Regeneration work, for example, development;
- Legal research;
- Running own files;
- Active participation in marketing initiatives and business development;
- Comply with core competencies as appropriate to the fee earner level of qualification;
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships;
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures;
- Participating in firm-wide and departmental training sessions; and
- Training and development of junior legal and administrative staff (where appropriate).
What you’ll need:
The firm has a Career Development Framework which sets out the competencies we expect of those at the paralegal/legal executive grade. In particular, for this role we require:
Proven ability to take on responsibility and manage files, independently where appropriate;
- Strong client focus and service delivery;
- Drive and enthusiasm;
- Good understanding of Excel and legal datarooms;
- Methodical, disciplined and organised approach;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- A strong team player.
- Excellent academic record;
- Paralegal or part-qualified CILEx; and
- Experience in residential property, property development or security work in private practice, ideally experience of working with housing clients, is beneficial.
Please get in touch if you would like more information on this role or send us your CV below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.