An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and quality-driven Paralegal to join our client’s Exeter central office. The new recruit will benefit from top-class training and enjoy the quality of work to match. Work will involve handling a mixed Litigation caseload mainly arising out of consumer and property disputes of varying complexity and value backed by legal expense insurance.
Our client operates in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources, they also act for many high net worth individuals.
Our client is different and believes it is their people that make them unique. They expect and respect that you, and your talents, are too.
The successful candidate will show the ability to get on with people from all walks of life and develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike.
What you’ll be doing:
- Taking instructions from and attending clients including file opening and internal compliance procedures;
- Advising on legal expense cover;
- Reviewing claim details and advising on merits;
- Progressing cases through the litigation process considering all appropriate methods of ADR
- Ad hoc general research on matters;
- Active participation in team marketing initiatives;
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures and client service level agreements and,
- Participating in firm-wide and departmental training sessions.
Your skills will include:
- Ability to manage volume work effectively and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- A strong team player
- Extensive IT abilities
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Flexibility and commitment
- Drive and enthusiasm
- A willingness to learn
- Flexible and willing to go the extra mile
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
- Common sense and ability to use initiative
- Good academic record.
- LLB/LPC graduate.
- General litigation law knowledge essential.
- Preferably with previous litigious experience as a paralegal.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.