Our Client is an independent law firm with recognised expertise in specialist market sectors. They have an extensive client base, many of whom are high profile, and they cover a broad range of industry sectors within the UK and internationally. They have eight offices across the West Country.
The current litigation department deals with a broad range of civil litigation work, acting primarily for private individuals but commercial clients too. The work ranges from private property, landlord and tenant disputes, to commercial claims, contentious trusts and probate, contract disputes, personal injury and clinical negligence.
Owing to the continuing volume of high-quality work we are currently looking for a bright, organised, motivated and experienced Paralegal to join our Litigation Department based in our Exeter office.
The successful candidate will be required to provide an important contribution to the work of the Litigation Department supporting the ongoing growth and development of the department’s activities, and contributing to the growth of client work and fee income.
You will need to work effectively with clients and other members of both the litigation department and the Exeter office. You will be expected to deal professionally and efficiently with a wide range of work under supervision whilst complying with procedures and working practices.
The role will include the need for the successful candidate to produce the majority of their own documents and correspondence through the use of our case management system and to undertake their own administrative duties.
- To administer and progress (under lawyer supervision and according to experience) litigation files initially dealing with contentious probate and personal injury but with a view to assisting the team with property disputes, employment, and other general litigation matters as and when required (and other surrounding activities as appropriate), which may include:
- Attending meetings as required
- Liaising with, instructing, and sitting behind Counsel
- Preparation for mediation, hearings, and trials
- Preparing simple witness statements
- Obtaining, collating, and organising documents
- Undertaking research
- Carrying out investigations
- Time-recording in accordance with the firm’s policy
- Preparation of letters and documents using case management software
- Liaising with clients by telephone and in-person
- File opening, maintenance, and closing
- Ability to undertake own filing and administrative duties
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role
- Educated to degree level or extensive work-based experience
- Excellent IT skills to include the use of case management software
- A focus on developing and maintaining professional and effective client relationships at all levels, with excellent communication and relationship management skills
This post will provide excellent career prospects in due course for the right person
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of a highly regarded Litigation Department and to thrive in a professional and friendly atmosphere offering a competitive salary.
- Holidays: 23 days each year plus all the bank and public holidays. Rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service.
- Happy Birthday Benefit.
- Offices close on Christmas Eve and this day is also offered as an additional day’s leave.
- Pension scheme with Scottish Widows.
Hours: – 9am – 5:30pm, holidays Monday – Friday (1 hour for lunch)
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.