Our client is recognised as one of the leading law firms in Cornwall and Devon and the longest established firm in the region.
They take enormous pride in being rooted in the communities of the south west, serving the business and personal interests of their clients from an extensive branch network of nine offices, ranging geographically from Penzance in the west to Holsworthy in the east.
Many of their employees have roots in Devon and Cornwall and thus bring an understanding to every legal problem they face.
Our client describes themselves as, friendly and professional, they are an employer of choice in the South West for Legal professionals and support staff alike.
Due to an influx of work an opportunity has arisen to join one of the leading law firms in Cornwall and Devon as a Paralegal in the Family Team. This is the opportunity to develop your career supported by senior lawyers in our friendly team which undertakes all aspects of family law work including financial and children disputes, social services involvement with families, and domestic abuse. They also have a department which specialises in mental health.
What you will do:
- Collaborate on cases with senior colleagues
- Liaise with clients
- Draft documents, statements etc.
- Review case papers such as medical records/ police logs
- Attend meetings with social services and other professionals
- Attend Court hearings to note take or support clients
Experience and Qualifications you need:
- Previous experience of family law work, either general or in specific areas of family work e.g. children
- Experience of working as a paralegal would be preferred – ideally in family / children work setting but we would consider candidates with general litigation experience.
- Qualifications are not essential but we would welcome applications from law graduates or those working on CILEx accreditation
You will love this role if you:
- Are passionate about supporting clients through a very challenging time in their lives
- Are seeking an opportunity to step in your first fee earning role having worked in legal support in a litigious setting
- Are looking to take your career as a Paralegal to the next level with a firm who have the size and depth of experience to support your career development
You will be a success if you:
- Put clients at the heart of your work
- Hold yourself to a high standard
- Embrace change and technology
- Are a team player
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Medical Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Holiday Trading
- Private Medical Insurance
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Christmas Closure
- Childcare Vouchers
Hours: 9am – 5pm
This firm is an Investors in People accredited employer so a great place to work and develop your career. A varied and challenging role with great rewards awaits.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.