Legal Southwest Ltd
Our client is a leading law firm with several offices their philosophy is to offer an expert professional service on a personal basis, delivering the results clients want. They provide specialist legal advice and solutions.
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Paralegal to join their busy and successful Family team based in Yeovil, Somerset. The Family department is busy and successful, working with some of the leading Family Law experts in the Southwest, you will undertake a mix of family matters, including private and publicly funded work, from divorce to ancillary relief, domestic violence and children issues. You will be a valuable fee earner working directly with your clients, handling your own caseload.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years’ experience within a family department, either as a legal secretary or a paralegal
- Have knowledge of all areas of family
- IT Literate
- Thrive in an atmosphere of shared goals and achievements
- Ability to work until own initiative and solve problems
- Have excellent communication skills
- Assist Lawyers in preparing legal documents
- Conduct legal research and gather relevant information for cases
- Organise and maintain legal files and documents
- Coordinate with clients, witnesses, and other parties involved in legal proceedings
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and court hearings
- Prepare and file legal documents with courts and government agencies
- Review and summarise r case-related materials
In return you will be joining a super-friendly and professional firm who will offer a competitive salary and good benefits and terms of employment.
- Life assurance from the first day of employment
- A salary sacrifice scheme or a group pension where Battens pay in 4%
- Income protection
- Holiday – up to 26 days per year, increasing to 30 days with length of service
- A range of discounted legal services, including free conveyancing
- Generous staff recruitment bonus scheme
- Everyone has an
- Access to mental health services, including therapy sessions
- Employee assistance programme
- Hybrid work
- 9am – 5.15pm Monday-Friday (Flexibility available)
- Plus yearly performance bonuses
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send us your CV via the form below.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.