Legal Southwest Ltd
Our client is a Devon based modern law practice with their head office in based in Plymouth, Devon.
They are passionate about delivering exceptional legal experiences. Clients who contact them to deal with sensitive legal matters are placing a great deal of trust in them and it is critical that this trust is repaid by treating them with the warmth, professionalism, understanding and courtesy that they deserve.
Our client was the first firm in Plymouth to be awarded the title of Compassionate Workplace and over recent years they have won “Large Business of the Year” at the 2021 Plymouth Business Awards, at the LawNet Awards they won “Law Firm of the Year” and their Medical Negligence Team won “Team of the Year”, they have also secured our place in the Times Legal Top 200.
You will be part of a supportive and flexible working environment where you have the ability to further your career aspirations.
The role involves providing high quality administrative and secretarial support to the Senior Private Client Partner working on bespoke tasks involving having a keen eye for detail and first class organisation skills.
Daily duties may involve:-
- Typing from digital dictation
- Arranging appointments for clients
- Communication with clients either via letter, email or telephone
- Requesting files to be opened, preparing client care letters and dealing with firm’s compliance requirements
- Liaising with beneficiaries on Estates
- Arranging insurance of estate properties and liaising with local tradesmen
- Sourcing estate agents and valuers for properties
- Dealing with miscellaneous payments and receipts on files
- Dealing with enquiries and distribution of monies to beneficiaries
- Preparing Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Preparing Severances of tenancies and arranging their registration at HM Land Registry
- Carrying out Land Registry Searches for Office Copy Entries, Index map searches, Bankruptcy searches
Previous experience of working in a similar role as a Legal Secretary in Wills and Trust with excellent typing skills along with PA standard organisational skills.
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Time management skills and able to prioritise effectively
- Demonstrate a passion for client service excellence
- Deal sensitively and appropriately with confidential information
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with team members, the firms’ employees, and partners.
- Work well under pressure within stipulated timescales and meet deadlines
You will be:
- Proud of a professional and positive work attitude with the ability to embrace change
- Willing to attend courses and webinars to increase knowledge and understanding
- Keen to work towards or demonstrate the firm’s core competencies
- Competitive Salary
- Five weeks’ annual leave, plus bank holidays, plus 2 days over the Christmas period.
- Birthday off.
- Healthcare plan.
- Contributory pension scheme with variable contribution options.
- Employee Assistance Programme (counselling service).
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.