This firm have offices in Exeter, Teignmouth and Newton Abbot offering an extensive legal service to businesses and individuals both locally and nationally. They are recognised as the leading law firm for several niche sectors and acting for trade associations puts them at the cutting edge of legal developments affecting those businesses. This firm have also been recognised in the Legal 500 and Chambers UK legal directories in a number of fields.
We are seeking a licensed conveyancer, CFILEX or paralegal capable of running their own residential caseload (comprising of, although not exclusively, both freehold and leasehold sales and purchases) to join the team at this professional law firm in Newton Abbot.
You will be confident in communicating with clients, be very well organised and will enjoy organising others. You will have a ‘can-do’ attitude and will be happy to adapt to the requirements of the tasks facing you. Ideally you will be able to demonstrate your problem-solving skills and how you have used these in your previous positions.
An ability to work closely with team members and a willingness to work as part of a team with the aim of achieving a common goal would be beneficial.
As the presence of the Residential Property Team in Newton Abbot is relatively new (having not undertaken residential property work in this area for several years) and as they continue to expand their presence and offering it would be beneficial if the successful candidate had the appetite to undertake a variety of business development activities.
- 23 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays plus some time at Christmas (this varies every year depending on when the office shuts and is not contractual). The 23 days rises to 24 and then 25 days with service.
- Scheme to allow additional time off to work with a registered charity.
- Pension scheme with a 3% contribution by the firm and currently a 1.3% contribution by employee (this rises next April to 2%)
- Death in service benefit of three-time salary
- Child care voucher scheme and a travel loan scheme
Please get in touch if you would like more information on this role or send us your CV below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.