Legal Southwest Ltd
Our client is recognised as one of the leading law firms in Cornwall and Devon and the longest established firm in the region.
They take enormous pride in being rooted in the communities of the Southwest, serving the business and personal interests of their clients from an extensive branch network of nine offices, ranging geographically from Penzance in the west to Holsworthy in the East.
Many of their employees have roots in Devon and Cornwall and thus bring an understanding to every legal problem they face.
Our client describes themselves as, friendly and professional, they are an employer of choice in the Southwest for Legal professionals and support staff alike.
You will work as part of the core support team for Residential Property focused on providing administrative support to our highly experienced lawyers as a Legal Secretary or Personal Assistant.
What you will do:
Subject to your skills and experience you will:
- Provide administration assistance including some digital dictation to lawyers in the team
- Deal with the receiving and filing of electronic post, collating enclosures and other documents to accompany outgoing correspondence
- Make and receive telephone calls and progress matters under the supervision of the lawyers
- Opening and closing and archiving of client files
- At times you may be the first point of contact and have regular communication with clients and family members of deceased persons (taking messages, arranging meetings etc
Skills and experience you need:
- Experience of legal secretarial work would be advantageous particularly in a Property setting
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills professionalism, diplomacy and sensitivity
- Exceptional organisational skills with an eye for detail
- Team orientated personality with the ability to work independently and with others
- Flexibility and dependability
- Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic
- Have a positive approach to daily tasks
- Ability to embrace change and do so in a positive and energetic way
You will love this role if you:
Want to make a difference in a forward thinking business that delivers great customer service and are a team player and collaborative, but personally tenacious, organised, resilient and energetic
This firm is an Investors in People accredited employer so a great place to work and develop your career. A varied and challenging role with great rewards awaits.
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Medical Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Holiday Trading
- Private Medical Insurance
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Christmas Closure
- Childcare Vouchers
Hours: 9am – 5pm
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.