Our Client is an independent law firm with recognised expertise in specialist market sectors. They have an extensive client base, many of whom are high profile, and they cover a broad range of industry sectors within the UK and internationally. They have eight offices across the West Country.
On behalf of our client, we are currently seeking a full-time, experienced Family Secretary to work in their Exeter office.
The Family Department has a highly regarded childcare team and specialists dealing with a broad range of work including advice on divorce, separation, children, domestic abuse, and financial matters arising from relationship breakdown. We are proud of our inclusive team ethos with everyone working together to achieve a high-quality service for clients and colleagues.
You will be an organised individual with previous family/childcare experience. You will be confident managing a busy workload in a fast-paced environment with the ability to use your own initiative and work well under pressure. The role also includes the need to support members of the Family Department on a remote basis by means of winscribe digital dictation.
You will also be required to assist with the provision of cover on our Reception desk and general office duties that might be assigned to you.
The successful candidate will need to be able to:
- Demonstrate excellent secretarial and typing skills (both audio and copy typing) with good attention to detail
- Manage a busy workload using own initiative
- Demonstrate previous experience in the use of digital dictation and case management software
- Manage fee earners’ diaries
- Demonstrate good organisation skills
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and spoken
- Cope well under pressure, with an ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities
- Take a positive and proactive approach to work, anticipating and meeting the needs of the department
- Be competent in using Word and other Microsoft Products (Outlook and Powerpoint)
- Previous legal secretarial experience is essential
- Previous family experience is preferable
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of our Family Department and to thrive in a professional and friendly atmosphere.
Holidays: 23 days each year plus all the bank and public holidays. Rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service.
Happy Birthday Benefit.
Offices close on Christmas Eve and this day is also offered as an additional day’s leave.
Pension scheme with Scottish Widows.
Hours: – 9am – 5pm, holidays Monday – Friday (1 hour for lunch)
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.