Our client is recognised as one of the leading law firms in Cornwall and Devon and the longest established firm in the region.
They take enormous pride in being rooted in the communities of the Southwest, serving the business and personal interests of their clients from an extensive branch network of nine offices, ranging geographically from Penzance in the west to Holsworthy in the East.
Many of their employees have roots in Devon and Cornwall and thus bring an understanding to every legal problem they face.
Our client describes themselves as, friendly and professional, they are an employer of choice in the Southwest for Legal professionals and support staff alike.
The role will be based in the Mid to West Cornwall and offers exceptional opportunities for personal development and advancement in a well-established team. Location is not of great importance as our client has fully embraced flexible/home working for the right individual.
You will work as part of the core support team for Commercial Property focused on providing legal secretarial support primarily to two experienced and exciting lawyers.
What you will do:
- Provide administration assistance including digital dictation to two experienced lawyers, alongside others within the support team
- Deal with telephone calls for the Commercial Property Team alongside the existing support team
- Become involved in work across the entirety of a property matter from inception to post completion, giving the opportunity to learn more about the property deals you are involved with and help see them through to completion
- Assist in file management tasks for two lawyers within the team
Experience and Knowledge you need:
- At least 2 years experience in a secretarial role or as a legal secretary, ideally in a property team
- Experience of customer contact with the public and business clients
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and excellent IT and record keeping skills
You will love this role if you:
Want to make a difference in a forward thinking business that delivers great customer service
Are a team player and collaborative, but personally tenacious, organised, resilient and energetic
This firm is an Investors in People accredited employer so a great place to work and develop your career. A varied and challenging role with great rewards awaits.
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Medical Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Holiday Trading
- Private Medical Insurance
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Christmas Closure
- Childcare Vouchers
Hours: 9am – 5pm
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.