Our client is a leading specialist law firm based in Taunton, Somerset.
Legal Secretaries are an essential part of the fee earning process within this firm. Most secretaries work on a one-to-one basis with their Fee Earners, or within a small team which may also consist of a Legal Assistant. Secretaries not only provide administrative and typing support but are very much seen as members of the legal team and provide excellent levels of service to clients, business partners and other teams and individuals within the business.
The role can be 4 or 5 days a week, 2 of which need to be office based and the rest can be home working.
- Produce a variety of documents from audio/ digital dictation and other instruction as directed by the fee earner
- Collation and pagination of documents
- Deal accurately with filing and in a timely manner, including the storage and retrieval of client files in line with the practices filing system.
- Make effective use of IT systems, specifically word, excel and the case management system VisualFiles.
- Take and record accurate messages and pass on to the appropriate person and without unnecessary delay.
- Attend to clients both on the telephone and in person in a professional manner.
- Keep others informed of workload and capacity.
- Archiving and retrieval of files from storage when required.
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up-to-date diary.
- Experienced audio typist with excellent typing skills in excess of 70 WPM.
- A team player who is flexible and dedicated.
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Confident and professional telephone manner.
- Knowledge/experience of PI process and/or medical terminology
In return you will receive a generous salary and benefits package.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.