Our client is a well established law firm based in central Exeter, they are looking for a Legal Cashier to join them on a part-time, contract basis, reporting to the Finance Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Checking, posting and reconciling incoming client and office account payments daily
- Completing daily banking routines
- Taking payment details over the phone
- Checking and processing client payments (bacs, CHAPS) and interest
- Checking and posting client invoices (billing)
- Checking and monitoring WIP records/timesheet system, dealing with any write-offs of fee earner time as directed
- Checking completion statements for Conveyancing team
- Processing overhead payments
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous Legal Cashier experience in a law firm
- Excellent administration skills, good organisation and ability to meet multiple daily and weekly deadlines
- Ability to work independently, although all work will be supervised
- Attention to detail and accuracy essential.
- Knowledge of Excel and other MS Office applications
- Knowledge of the SRA Account’s rules and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations required
Start date in July
Please do get in touch to find out more, we’d love to hear from you and as always, any approach made to Legal Southwest will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.