On behalf of our client, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Legal Cashier/ Administrator to join a law firm based in Taunton central. This exciting role will work across two busy teams, the Accounts team and Administrative team. This is a varied and busy role and would suit an individual that has Legal Cashiering experience, as well as an administrative background.
Supporting the two current Legal Cashiers with duties as required, these include:
- The processing of client and office accounting transactions including postings and cheque production.
- Undertaking banking functions including bank reconciliations and the processing of bank transfers.
- Run month end procedures, VAT administration and returns
- The administration and reconciliation of petty cash
- Adhering to Solicitors Accounts Rules, Law Society Rules, Client Care and Money Laundering
- File opening in accordance with the firms procedures, including the creation and issuing of the funding documents to clients
- Filing in line with Practice filing procedures, including the storage and retrieval of client files.
- Postroom duties, including incoming and outgoing post, scanning and distribution of post.
- Printing and photocopying duties, to include collation of legal documentation and court bundles
- Reception and front of house duties as required.
- It is essential that you have an extensive and up to date knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Experience of banking and procedures, as well as financial software
- Proven administrative skills – with high levels of attention to detail
- Ability to manage workload and work to strict time scales
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Strong IT skills
- Motivated, organised and flexible
Please get in touch if you would like more information on this role or send us your CV below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.