Legal Southwest Ltd
Our client is as well establish legal practice with several offices across North Somerset. Their history can be traced back over 400 years and today, as a firm, they continue to go from strength to strength.
They provide expert advice to both private and commercial clients about a wide range of legal issues. They offer a professional, specialist service combined with a personal and friendly approach.
They are an entirely independent firm; they do not pay, or receive referral fees from anyone, and have no outside owners.
They are dedicated to providing a good, local service and are very much a part of the communities in which they live and work. The majority of their employees are local.
They are actively involved in the local communities, providing sponsorship to local sports teams, theatres and events and many of the staff volunteer with local charities and community organisations.
Head of Department – Private Client
On behalf of our client we are seeking to recruit either a Solicitor or Legal Executive with 4+ years PQE. The ideal candidate will have experience in all aspects of leadership and management in a Private Client department to include:
- Day to day management of their department including monitoring and distribution of matters.
- Supervision of fee-earning work undertaken by junior members of the team.
- Management of support services for the team.
- Ensuring fee earners achieve their individual targets.
- Maintaining orderly and up-to-date files including electronic files and complying with the company’s policies on file management.
- Completing time recording and other management records required by the company.
- Cross-referring work and clients within the company.
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s policies including Lexcel compliance.
- Financial control including managing the cash flow for the team through efficient billing and payment procedures.
- Recognising fee-earning opportunities and developing those opportunities.
- Building the business and leading the Department’s marketing.
In return our client can offer:
A competitive salary, 33 days holiday, workplace pension scheme and other lifestyle benefits.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send us your CV via the form below.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.