Our client is an award-winning law firm with a strong Southwest presence.
On our client behalf we are looking for an accounts person to join their finance team in Truro.
This is a full-time opportunity working 9am – 5.15pm Monday to Friday.
Working as part of a small Purchase and Expense Claim processing team within the wider Finance team the role requirements are:
- working knowledge of VAT regulations to ensure accurate input VAT recovery
- Review and processing of invoices to ensure they are appropriately authorised and coded in line with a purchase order process system
- Monitor correct authorisation and coding of expense claims
- A comprehensive working knowledge of accruals and prepayments
- Preparation and posting of nominal ledger journals
- Ensure new supplier validation set up procedures are adhered too
- Monitor the ledger for debit balances and duplicate payments
- Ensure the integrity of purchase ledger system
- Prepare and review monthly BACS and cheque payment runs
- Preparing and circulating analysis of operating costs
- Provide analysis on the profile of the purchase ledger
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
- Ensure all internal controls are adhered too
- Undertake ad-hoc financial projects as the need arises
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
- Manage multiple priorities with excellent attention to detail
- You will also have experience of Microsoft Office and be proficient in Microsoft Excel to intermediate level
- A working knowledge of the solicitor’s accounts rules and prior experience of using Aderant would also be advantageous.
- The position would suit someone who has experience of working in a busy Finance department working to monthly deadlines, ideally in a professional services firm, but other relevant experience will be considered.
- AAT qualified or part qualified would be desirable with previous experience in supervising staff and working effectively in a team.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday per year, life assurance and private medical insurance schemes.
Please get in touch if you would like more information on this role or send us your CV below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.