Legal Southwest Ltd
Our client is a specialist family law practice who are recognised by Legal 500 Practice and who have gained their Lexcel accreditation. They have also recently been the winners of a Law Society Excellence Award 2021, and we were highly commended in the Law Society Excellence Awards practice management category in both 2021 and 2019.
They are an innovative and progressive practice who have a strong team/mutually supportive culture.
They are currently seeking to recruit a Childcare specialist who has the ambition to become a children panel member in the future. Candidates with 1 – 5 years PQE will be considered in this role. An individual with a Local Authority background would be very well suited to this post.
Our client always has good opportunities for good family lawyers.
Their team is built around its team members.
They believe that the best way to deliver family law services is through a niche practice and that clients will for obvious reasons be increasingly attracted to niche practices which have an obvious strength in depth within their team.
Over time our client has expanded such that they have locations across the Southwest, their business model and IT systems are such that it is viable for them to add additional locations if they can be easily serviced by incoming team members so if currently live outside the Southwest and want to join a growing practice it is worth you getting in touch.
Employed or Consultant?
Currently there is a good mix of employed solicitors/legal executives and consultant solicitors/legal executives working within this practice. Different working models work better for different individuals, in all cases we are committed to flexible working and homeworking.
All of the systems are cloud-based.
Benefits of joining this team include:
One of the largest teams of family lawyers in the Southwest and are probably the fastest growing.
- For those who are employed they offer competitive salaries which include a clear bonus when targets are exceeded.
- For those who are self-employed they offer a very reasonable fee share but in addition a much higher level of support (including marketing) than others who offer fee share arrangements. Work is distributed based on appropriate experience/location and availability. This means there is no hierarchy where the employed lawyers get new cases before the consultants.
- Homeworking and flexible working are very much within the DNA of this practice.
- Committed to the practice of family law in accordance with the principles of Resolution. The team includes the current Chairs of Devon Region of Resolution and Somerset Region of Resolution and a past Chair of Devon Region of Resolution.
- Committed to equal opportunities and to fair pay.
- Dynamic and inclusive practice. If you have good ideas – these won’t be fobbed off or parked with a committee before being forgotten.
- There is no prospect whatsoever of them surrendering their legal aid contract. (Particularly important if you are a care lawyer!)
- Most importantly – they have a happy workplace.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.