Our client is an established legal practice who has been providing legal services to private clients and the business communities of Devon for a number of years.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a full-time, permanent Private Client Solicitor / Legal Executive to join their busy and experienced Court of Protection team in Exeter.
The role covers all aspects of Court of Protection work.
For the role you will have experience with:
- Running files and work with the Deputy in dealing with the Court of Protection and the OPG.
- Communicating with the individual and their family to establish long-term relationships and to obtain views and background to assist with “best interest” decisions
- Advising on the Mental Capacity Act, and provide guidance on family disputes
- Preparing general Court Applications
- Preparing Statutory Will Applications
- Representing the Deputy at Court of Protection Hearings; instruct Counsel as appropriate
- Investigating suspicions of Financial Abuse
Personal qualities required:
- Have strong organisational and time management skills
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have good communications skills with an ability to explain complex areas of law in a simple and coherent way
- Have good attention to detail
- If you do not already hold a STEP qualification then support will be give to the successful candidate in the relevant studies to achieve this standard.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.