Due to expansion our client is seeking an experienced Conveyancing Secretary / Assistant in their Exeter office on a permanent, full-time basis.
The role requires you to be an organised individual with excellent audio typing skills. You will be confident managing a busy workload and must be able to use your own initiative and work well under pressure. You will also support members of the Residential Conveyancing Department on a remote basis by means of winscribe digital dictation together with assisting with Reception cover (in your place of work) at lunchtime and in the event of absence.
The successful candidate will need to be able to assist in the progression of a conveyancing transaction to include:
- Exchanging contracts and dealing with completions;
- Preparation of contracts, transfers, trust deeds and correspondence;
- Dealing with completion statements;
- Raising solicitors invoices;
- Drawing up contracts;
- Taking instructions from and liaising with clients;
- Undertake on-line searches; and Complete Land Registry and SDLT forms on-line
- Provide secretarial assistance to residential conveyancing lawyers based in your place of work and remotely as required
- Participate in rotas for the purposes of Reception/Post cover
- Deal with telephone calls in a confident manner providing clear, accurate and up to date information
- Produce documents using the Firm’s case management software
- Demonstrate good administrative skills with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate good organisation skills
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and spoken
- Cope well under pressure, with an ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities
- Take a positive and proactive approach to work, anticipating and meeting the needs of the department
- Be receptive to receiving and acting on instructions given by immediate supervisor
- Be competent in using Word and other Microsoft Products (Outlook and PowerPoint)
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of the Residential Conveyancing Department and to thrive in a professional and friendly environment.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.