Our client currently has an exciting opportunity for a Conveyancing Legal Assistant / Legal Secretary in their Taunton office. This is a full-time role, working Monday to Friday between the hours of 9 am – 5.30 pm.
The successful candidate will be an organised individual with previous legal and conveyancing experience, confident managing a busy workload in a fast-paced environment with the ability to use own initiative and work well under pressure.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of the team and to thrive in a professional and friendly environment.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Assist in the progression of a conveyancing transaction to include:
- Exchanging contracts and dealing with completions; Preparation of contracts, transfers, trust deeds and correspondence; Dealing with completion statements; Raising solicitors invoices; Drawing up contracts; Taking instructions from and liaising with clients; Undertake on-line searches, and Complete Land Registry and SDLT forms on-line
- Provide secretarial assistance to residential conveyancing lawyers based in the Taunton office
- Participate in rotas for the purposes of Reception/Post/DX cover
- Deal with telephone calls in a confident manner providing clear, accurate and up to date information
- Produce documents using the firm’s case management software
- Demonstrate good administrative skills with good attention to detail
- Demonstrate good organisation skills
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and spoken
- Cope well under pressure, with an ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities
- Take a positive and proactive approach to work, anticipating and meeting the needs of the department
- Be receptive to receiving and acting on instructions given by immediate supervisor
- Be competent in using Word and other Microsoft Products (Outlook and Powerpoint)
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.