Legal Southwest Ltd
On behalf of our client, we are currently seeking an experienced Compliance Officer to support the COLP (Compliance Officer for Legal Practice). You must have prior legal experience and be familiar with regulatory requirements, this is a part-time role 2.5 days a week.
This is a critical function and requires someone who is confident working on their own initiative and is comfortable communicating effectively with people at all levels of the firm.
- To play a key role in the compliance of the firm.
- To support/assist the COLP with all aspects of Risk and Compliance.
- To support/assist the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO).
- To update and monitor the firm’s Office Manual including all compliance policies and procedures.
- To assist with complaints and claims.
- To act as first point of call for staff compliance queries.
- To administer, update and train staff on the firm’s compliance platform.
- Organise Monthly Risk and Compliance meetings and prepare agenda and take, type and circulate minutes.
- Produce monthly and Annual Compliance reports and collate any other relevant information.
Skills & Experience required for the role:
- Legal experience.
- An excellent understanding of the SRA rules.
- A self-starter and able to work independently.
- Able to demonstrate competence and take responsibility.
- A self-starter with a pro-active attitude towards the responsibilities assigned.
- Good problem-solving capabilities.
- Friendly approachable manner.
- Must be IT literate.
The successful applicant will also be vehicle owner and hold a full driving licence.
Hybrid working available.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send us your CV via the form below.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.