Legal Southwest Ltd
Our Client is a firm specialising in Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Their dedication to these areas of law means that over the years the practice has acquired the necessary expertise and an excellent reputation for achieving results for clients.
The firm has grown to become one of the country’s leading Claimant Personal Injury law firms, enabling them to offer clients a high level of expertise gained over many years of experience in this field. The firm has also been at the forefront of defending the public right in this area, with their leadership of the Consumer Justice Alliance.
They have an exciting opportunity for a highly organised and driven legal professional to join their operation team. The successful candidate will support our Practice Director and our Compliance Lawyer, carrying out an array of duties to support the firm in maintaining their legal and regulatory requirements. The perfect candidate will have a legal background, and can evidence a proactive, helpful approach to a supporting role.
- Maintain and update the relevant Compliance software to help the firm maintain their legal and regulatory requirements, such as SRA, AML, Anti-bribery, and GDPR.
- Collation of information and submission of data relating to law firm legal and regulatory requirements, such as SRA and professional indemnity insurance.
- Undertake regular monitoring of clients files, to ensure compliance with internal and external processes – such as residual balances, outstanding payments, and take necessary steps to remedy any issues.
- Maintain, log and administer accurate records of all proposed aborts of client files, and ensure they are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Administer the firms critical date’s system, liaising with Fee Earners as required.
- Recording, reviewing and monitoring the undertakings register and preparing files for transfer as required.
- General administrative duties, filing, updating/ maintaining databases and spreadsheets.
- Legal qualification/experience preferable
- A demonstrable understanding of legal documentation/ legal compliance processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Ability to effectively manage own workload.
- Excellent attention to detail together with a methodical and organised approach.
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- A hands-on approach to problem solving
This firm is an equal opportunities employer with a number of benefits to staff including:-
- A company pension scheme available to all staff which this firm contributes a percentage of employees’ salary to (subject to qualifying criteria).
- A generous holiday allowance, with loyalty days for longevity of service.
- Sickness Benefit Allowance
- Child care Voucher Scheme (if applicable and optional)
- Bike to work scheme
- Death in service
- Recently introduced scheme of up to 10% of salary subject to performance. Annual appraisals are held in January and bonus nominations are decided then and if successful, this is paid in February.
Hours: 9am – 5pm – Monday – Friday
Please get in touch if you would like more information on this role or send us your CV below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality