Our client is a niche commercial law firm based in the heart of Exeter’s business community. They are set up as an ABS (Alternative Business Structure) which has expanded rapidly in the last 12 months and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
Client service is at the heart of what they do.
Accordingly, Property, Corporate/Commercial transactions and Litigation cases are all Partner led.
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Commercial Property Solicitor on a permanent basis.
You can expect to be involved in a wide range of Commercial Property work including sales and purchases, leasehold work, portfolio management and secured lending. Our client base ranges from sole traders to large corporate entities as well as charities.
The Commercial Property team works closely with the corporate and commercial team providing property support when required.
Whilst support will be provided, you will need to be able to work independently and have skills and abilities to deliver high quality legal advice with a minimal supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As part of your role, you will be expected to undertake a number of duties and responsibilities including:
- Building, developing, and maintaining a great client relationship
- Providing professional advice to clients
- Attending meetings with clients
- Ensuring that the work produced is always at the highest standard.
- Advising on and providing legal support in a wide range of commercial property matters
- Attending meetings with clients and third parties
- Participating in the growth and development of the department and the firm.
- Attending various networking events
- Writing blogs and newsletters
- Assisting with departmental and firm marketing
- Trainees and Paralegals:
- Supervising trainee solicitors and paralegals
- Providing training to trainee solicitors and paralegals
- Qualified Solicitor with a minimum of 5-7 years PQE.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Team player
- Previous experience in corporate commercial practice or equivalent in-house experience
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent organisation skills
- Strong IT knowledge
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and be able to think on their feet
Benefits and Facilities:
- 28 Days Holiday (inc. of Bank Holidays)
- Free Onsite parking.
- Office in a good commutable location on the outskirts of Exeter City Centre.
- Electric Car Charging Ports.
- Office facilities which include a break-out lounge, drinks bar, pool table, outside seating and bike racks.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.