Legal Southwest Ltd
Our client is a niche commercial law firm based in the heart of Exeter’s business community. They are set up as an ABS (Alternative Business Structure) which has expanded rapidly in the last 12 months and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
Client service is at the heart of what they do.
Accordingly, Property, Corporate/Commercial transactions and Litigation cases are all Partner led.
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Commercial Litigation Solicitor/Associate/Senior Associate with 5 – 7 years+ PQE.
We’re looking for a 5+ PQE Solicitor to join our clients Commercial Litigation department. Our client is on an exciting journey of growth. The successful candidate will be working on a range of commercial litigation transactions, responsible for enhancing and growing the current client offering and manage their own caseload within a well-established and high regarded litigation department.
This role offers an attractive salary, a relaxed office environment and a well-positioned office on the outskirts of Exeter inclusive of onsite parking making it an easy commute from all directions.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills and previous experience of working within a commercial litigation department, with at least 5 years PQE as a Legal Executive or Solicitor. The firm is making headlines in the Southwest with its pursuit to shake up the legal market and offer a fresh approach to the sector and service offered. The firm leads the way with their forward-thinking and innovative approach. They are one of Exeter’s fast climbing specialist firms providing a platform for their employees to continuously grow and develop their skills and career. Whilst support will be provided, you will need to be able to work independently and have skills and abilities to deliver high quality legal advice with a minimal supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As part of your role, you will be expected to undertake a number of duties and responsibilities including:
- Building, developing, and maintaining a great client relationship
- Providing professional advice to clients
- Attending meetings with clients
- Ensuring that the work produced is always at the highest standard
- Advising on and providing legal support in a wide range of commercial litigation matters
- Drafting, reviewing and compiling of bundles and various court documents
- Preparing witness statements
- Occasional attendance within tribunals and courts
- Effectively being able to communicate with clients, other side solicitors, accountants, counsel, and courts
- Attending meeting with clients and third parties
- Participating in the growth and development of the department and the firm
- Attending various networking events
- Writing blogs and newsletters
- Assisting with departmental and firm marketing
Trainees and Paralegals:
- Supervising trainee solicitors and paralegals
- Providing training to trainee solicitors and paralegals
- Qualified Solicitor with a minimum of 5 -7 years PQE
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Team player
- Previous experience in commercial litigation practice or equivalent in-house experience
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent organisation skills
- Competent IT knowledge
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and be able to think on their feet
Benefits and Facilities:
- 28 Days Holiday (inc. of Bank Holidays)
- Free Onsite parking.
- Office in a good commutable location on the outskirts of Exeter City Centre.
- Electric Car Charging Ports.
- Office facilities which include a break-out lounge, drinks bar, pool table, outside seating, bike racks and much more!
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.