Legal Southwest Ltd
Our client is a small friendly law firm based in Plymouth, they promote a client facing approach with the emphasis on client satisfaction, the firm does not have billing targets giving you the opportunity to give the time required to each and every case. Due to organic growth through recommendations and referrals we are looking to recruit on their behalf an experienced Solicitor or Legal Executive to join them on a full-time, permanent basis.
For the role you will be an experienced Clinical Negligence Solicitor or Legal Executive. You will be part of a small, dedicated team, who are devoted to serving clients in and around the Plymouth, West Devon and East Cornwall area, with a strong reputation in the area. As well as having excellent legal and analytical skills, the right candidate will need to be personable and share the commitment to the clients and local community.
Once the initial probation period has been completed, there will the opportunity for some flexibility in terms of splitting time between home and office working, if desired.
Duties will include:
- Ability to handle a caseload of clinical negligence work (including pre and post litigated cases with a value of up to £500,000)
- Conducting a wide range of clinical negligence cases
- Instructing and communicating with Counsel
- Dealing with highly complex conferences
- Working well within a team of 2 clinical negligence solicitors to develop and help maintain good client relationships and knowledge within clinical negligence.
- Mentoring and supervise solicitors and paralegal.
- Maintaining knowledge of clinical negligence complaints handling procedures by GPs and NHS in England and Wales; and contribute to the success of the team through networking.
In return you will receive:
- A good salary package with a yearly bonus paid on the firm’s performance which has been paid out every year so far.
- Staff parking
- Holiday which increases with length of service plus your birthday off
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV via the form below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.