Our client is a city-led, international, and national law firm operating in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. Acting for many high-net-worth individuals.
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Solicitor/Associate at NQ – 3 years’ PQE to join their Litigation team based in Exeter.
Your caseload will consist of a variety of matters, to include:
- Handling a varied caseload of legal expense backed dispute claims involving (but not limited to) property, construction and consumer contracts.
- Reviewing and advising on legal expense cover.
- Assisting partners and senior solicitors with more substantial disputes.
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships.
- Participation actively in marketing initiatives, including training days / seminars.
- Ensure files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures and service level agreements.
- Monitoring and provision of management information to insurer client.
- Participate in firm-wide and departmental training sessions.
- Meet targets as agreed. Manage files, time and billing efficiently and in a cost-effective manner.
- Active participation in marketing initiatives, including attending conferences, giving, and assisting with presentations, writing articles and creating marketing materials.
- Training, supervision, and development of junior staff (where appropriate).
Skills and experience required:
- Solicitor with NQ – 3 years’ post qualification experience in Civil Litigation and a relevant litigation seat at newly qualified level.
- Excellent communication skills with a collaborative approach.
- Team player.
- Proven ability to take on responsibility and manage and progress files, independently where appropriate.
- Strong client focus and a commitment to service delivery.
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrable passion for business development.
- Flexibility and a can do attitude.
- Excellent academic record.
- Experience of running cases from start to finish.
- Managing client relationships
Please get in touch if you would like more information on this role or send us your CV below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.