Legal Southwest Ltd
Our client is a leading international law firm with an office based in Exeter City Central. They are seeking an Associate for their highly acclaimed Employment Team.
Established in 1984 the Exeter office has evolved into a full-service law firm and the first point of call for many corporate and individual clients in the Southwest and beyond. They have an established Employment practice nationally and in order to ensure they are fully able to resource the growing number of work opportunities arising they are seeking to appoint an NQ Associate to be based in our Exeter office.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified Employment solicitor to join the team. The solicitor role will support on a range of Employment law work varying in scale and complexity. Specifically, it will involve supporting in fee-earning, client relationship management and marketing capacities. Our clients Exeter office has seen rapid growth, particularly in the recent advancement of the Corporate team. It is strategically important to the Exeter office that the Employment Team provides consistent and well thought out strategic support to corporate, both in relation to fee earning work, but also in relation to “on the ground” profile raising and business development activities.
- Providing general employment advice;
- Drafting employment contracts, policies, disciplinary and grievance procedures;
- Assisting with and running claims in the ET;
- Assisting in transactional work;
- Assisting with data subject access requests;
- Participating in marketing activities such as writing bulletins/articles, preparation and presenting at seminars and client events, networking and public speaking and, actively supporting the South West Business Services Group in obtaining brand profile awareness and business opportunity by participating in BD activities, responsible business activities and helping the wider team to follow up on leads as appropriate;
- Developing an understanding of clients’ businesses and keeping abreast of developments;
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships;
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel and departmental procedures;
- Participation in firm-wide and departmental training sessions.
The firm has a Career Development Framework which sets out the competencies expected of those at the Associate grade. In particular for this role our client requires:
- Up to 2 year’s qualified, ideally having undertaken a training contract seat in employment law;
- Potentially have previous employment paralegal experience;
- Good verbal and excellent written communication skills;
- Genuine interest in employment law;
- An interest in contributing to business development activity;
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines;
- Excellent technical skills,
- Strong client focus,
- Drive and enthusiasm,
- Commercial awareness,
- Strong team player;
- Ability to use initiative;
- Positive and proactive approach;
- Flexibility and commitment.
- Excellent academic record;
- Flair for drafting would be desirable;
- Interest in marketing;
- A self-starter.
Our client also offers one of the most competitive salary and benefits packages available in Exeter. DOA.
Please get in touch if you would like more information on this role or send us your CV below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.