Our client is a leading law firm with an office based in Exeter City Central.
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an Associate / Senior Associate to join their highly acclaimed Corporate Team.
The department offers their clients access to a full range of corporate and commercial legal services, advising on a range of commercial matters for business clients, from start-ups, SMEs and larger corporates to family businesses and a range of public sector clients (including standard terms and conditions, partnership agreements, joint ventures, development agreements, bespoke service contracts and IT/data issues). The team also further supports public sector clients on commercial issues including outsourcing, public sector companies and commercialisation.
Working as part of a high-performing national and growing regional team, you will advise clients operating in a variety of sectors on a diverse range of commercial matters.
The Corporate/Commercial department is supported by specialists in other departments, including banking, tax, employment and intellectual property.
The role will include a range of key activities to include providing a first-class service to clients, proactive marketing/profile raising, exceptional client and team/office management.
- Advising on a range of commercial agreements;
- Drafting a range of commercial documents and advise on key areas of risk dependent on sector area of client;
- Advising on partnership and joint venture agreements;
- Advising on outsourcing arrangements;
- Advising on ad hoc day-to-day commercial queries from our varied client base;
- Supporting General Counsel on business critical projects in designated timeframes;
- An understanding of GDPR, EU procurement and public law helpful but not essential;
- Initiating, building and maintaining effective client relationships;
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures;
- Promotions, and co-managing quarterly check-ins; attending periodic meetings of the International Corporate and Partner Groups to discuss strategy, marketing and coordinating inter-office team support.
- Pro-active participation in department and firm-wide marketing initiatives.
Skills & Experience required:
- You will be a Qualified solicitor with 3- 8 years’ PQE in advising a broad diet of corporate commercial matters;
- Excellent technical skills and innovative approach to their application;
- Proven ability to take on responsibility, manage and progress matters independently where appropriate;
- Strong client focus and service delivery;
- Drive and enthusiasm;
- Commercial awareness;
- Aptitude for and proven business development experience;
- Substantial client management experience;
- Ability to work to deadlines;
- Methodical, disciplined and organised;
- Team player;
- Excellent communication skills with a collaborative approach;
- Ability to manage files independently;
- Credibility and profile;
- Experience gained for a leading/notable international/UK Commercial practice
Our client offers one of the most competitive salary and benefits packages available in Exeter.
Please get in touch if you would like more information on this role or send us your CV below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.