Our client is a leading law firm with an office based in Exeter City Central.
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an Associate to join them on a permanent, full-time basis.
You will be expected to advise clients and assist with the tax aspects of the following:
- property investment and development structures
- Islamic compliant finance structures
- corporate share sales (including tax covenants and tax warranties)
- asset sales (including TOGC provisions)
- commercial property sales
- landlord and tenant transactions
- joint ventures
- group reorganisations
- housing projects
- urban and land regeneration projects
- employment tax aspects including share scheme arrangements and management incentives
This will include:
- Transactional support work, supporting the various departments of the firm (such as Corporate, Real Estate, Employment, Banking, Private Wealth and Construction)
- Report writing;
- Drafting tax advice;
- Transactional drafting (including tax covenants, tax warranties and TOGC provisions);
- HMRC clearance letters;
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships.
- Pro-active participation in marketing initiatives.
- Efficient file management skills and ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures.
- Participating in firm-wide and departmental training sessions.
- Training and development of junior solicitors (where appropriate).
Skills and Experience required:
- Excellent technical skills and innovative approach to your application
- Strong client focus
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Commercial awareness and excellent financial management
- Solid academic record
- Qualified solicitor with a minimum of 3 years PQE across a whole range of corporate tax matters
- Client management experience
- Ability to manage files independently
Our client offers one of the most competitive salary and benefits packages available in Exeter.
Please get in touch if you would like more information on this role or send us your CV below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.