Our client provides a reliable, professional and cost effective legal support service to Personal Injury, Clinical Negligence and Abuse clients who are continuing to grow from strength to strength and are seeking a Legal/Medical Assistant to join them on a full-time, permanent basis. You must have good typing skills and have a legal or medical secretary experience.
You will be a key member of the admin team, scanning records and performing other general administrative duties to facilitate the company’s objectives.
- Scanning collated paper records in a timely manner
- Checking scan quality.
- Renaming and editing the created pdfs (adding bates numbering).
- Printing final pdfs and filing a set of printed documents into individual folders for return to the client.
- Transferring any solicitor tags on original record pages to new printed set of records.
- Finalising any schedules of radiology.
- Updating instruction memos.
- Updating correspondence to clients as needed.
- The packaging and dispatch of boxed completed instructions to clients.
- Adhering to the teamwork flow process and other internal procedures, keeping the team’s case management log up to date for each instruction personally worked.
- Accurate time recording of billable tasks.
- Production of digital booklets using adobe packages.
- Redaction of electronic records using adobe packages.
- Quality checking returned chronologies and schedules for administrative errors and formatting issues. Making amendments in Microsoft Word where required.
- General shared administrative responsibilities such as:
- Replenishing the photocopiers with paper and toner.
- Transfer of recycling and waste to external wheelie bins.
- Participating in team meetings, meeting deadlines which contribute to team outcomes.
- Participating in training such as health and safety training and ICT training as directed.
- Manual handling (following training guidelines) of supplies, paper documents, files and boxes.
- Undertaking other tasks and responsibilities as required by senior staff in line with company objectives.
- Excellent knowledge of using multi-functional scanning and photocopying equipment.
- Knowledge and experience of working with ICT, including Microsoft and Adobe packages.
- Previous experience of working in an administrative office, preferably in a medical or legal environment.
- Skills to work effectively as part of a team and to follow instructions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- GCSEs (A* to C) including Maths and English.
- Proven office administration and ICT experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of using multi-functional scanning and photocopying equipment.
- Proficient knowledge of
- Microsoft Word, Outlook & Adobe Acrobat.
- Working knowledge of computers with Windows 10 interface.
- Excellent communication skills / shares ideas and information.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent level of English spelling and grammar.
- Methodical and accurate in one’s work.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
FOR THIS ROLE YOU MUST HAVE BEEN WORKING IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS IN A SIMILAR ADMINISTRATIVE ROLE AND DUE TO LOCATION A CAR DRIVER IS PREFERRED, PARKING IS AVAILABLE.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.